Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 5, 2012

Top 10....Places to go!

If you know me even a little you know I love to travel.  Can we blame my dad the pilot? :)

Today's top 10 post will be all about the places I have been and would like to go.

1. Australia- I was a student ambassador through People To People in the 9th grade and we went to Australia and NZ for a month in the summer.  It was nothing short of spectacular.  The only thing that I possible regret is that we didn't have fabulous digital cameras like now and my pics aren't that great.  Other than that we had an amazing experience, met wonderful people, and saw things that one could never imagine.  We snorkeled on the Great Barrier Reef people!

2. New Zealand- Same trip as above. The coolest thing about NZ was our homestay with a local family.  We also swam in pools heated by thermal geysers.  I know, I know.  Don't hate.

3. Italy- Since I've been to the top two spots on this list already this is my number one NEED to get to place!  I just dream about it fantasizing what it must be like to live, eat, and play there.  See previous post on movies including Under the Tuscan Sun.

4. Alaska- Hoping this might come true in the somewhat near future.  It looks so majestic and breathtaking there.

5. Maine- Made it here in 2006 for the first time.  Haven't stopped dreaming about it since!  I really like to get there once a year if I can, and ideally I'd love to be there more.  This is where I plan to settle down when I grow up :)

6. Russia- This country just fascinates me.  The architecture, the language, the lifestyle... so different from anything we know.  Looks like a trip worth taking!

7. Iceland- I don't know if you've gotten the hint yet but I prefer cold climates to warm.  I read a book on Iceland a while back, I don't remember why, but I feel in love with the stark colors of the landscape and the gorgeous images of the puffins along the frigid sea.

8. Africa- Here's the thing.  I don't really want to visit Africa Africa.  Does that make sense?  But I'd love to be able to take a safari and see these amazing wild creatures roaming through the plains.  {And yes I did see the Atlanta Housewives on their trek and I'm sure mine would be nothing compared to theirs!}

9. Mt Everest- So I get that it's probably not in my future to climb this mountain. But a girl can dream right?  They have packages where you can go with the climbers on their trek to base camp {yep, there's a TREK to base camp before you even begin your TREK to the top!} and to be part of that would be a dream.

10. Germany- Technically, I've already been here.  I was born in Germany.  But we left when I was 3 so I don't remember. I'd love to go at Christmas time because my mom says it's magical.

Honorable mention goes to PARIS!  I never would have chosen to go there myself but my daughter chose to go there for her 10th birthday and I had a great time.  It was everything I thought it would be and more. I hope that one day we can go again and create new memories!

Sooooo, where have you been and where do you still want to go?

2 comments:

Piter and Heidi said...

I've been to Ukraine and Mexico...Ukraine wins hands down!!! I love the look and feel of the place but also know a lot about it! Mexico isn't my cup of tea place...Although, I liked the weather better in Mexico...I still have no desire to return...I would love to go to Ireland, Germany, and Niagra Falls Canadian side...but I truly believe it is nothing more than a dream on this side of the veil anyway! Sigh!!!

Anna said...

I want to go to Ireland!!! and Alaska those are the two big bucket lists. Then theres NY/DC, Gettysburg, Seattle, Colorado. Todd and I plan on traveling in the US with our children and going international when we have empty nests syndrome!