Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

More Hungry Girl Goodies and Reviews!

Remember my rave about Lisa Lillien's Hungry Girl recipes?  Click here if you don't....

Well here are some more recipes I've tried- good, bad, and delicious!  I took pics of most of the things I made but they were all with my phone and sometimes they just don't do it justice so I used a few pictures from her site and linked you back to it directly for the recipe on each picture.

So read my reviews and go make something for yourself- and then let me know what you think!



Beef Strogataki
Beef Strogataki- funny name, delicious dinner!  To be honest my mom makes the best stroganoff ever.  And she usually makes it with homemade egg noodles, which are also the best ever.  So I was nervous I wouldn't like this dish.  I opted to make it with brown rice because I figured if I could have my mom's eggs noodles I didn't want any noodles to go with it {yes apparently I'm 5}.  It wasn't quite as rich as my mom's but it definitely tasted delicious and I was able to make two servings out of this- seriously good job on the portions HG!



Sloppy Joe Stir Fry
Sloppy Joe Stir-Fry Slaw- this was possibly the best dish I've had yet.  I LOVE a sloppy joe, and this had plenty of that flavor with the crunch of the broccoli slaw that made me sigh out loud.  I put mine on the low calorie sandwich bread and it was possibly even MORE delicious- give it a try tonight! Oh, and did I mention only 3 ingredients?  Hello, easy!



Banana-Fana-Fo-Yummy Shake
Happy Monkey Banana Pudding Shake- Did you taste the deliciousness that was Chick-Fil-A's Banana Pudding Shake last year?  Because if not you missed out- but don't worry it will be back soon!  I seriously had one every few days (and I wonder why my waist was ever expanding?)  I found this trade off and hoped for the best.  And can I tell you?  It was every bit as tasty!  It feels like a lot of work for a shake I just guzzled down but I think I'm going to pre-make a few and put them in the freezer to be thawed later and blended right up {um now that I said that, I'm really hoping it works}!





Super-Duper Spaghetti Pie Part Deux
Super-Duper Spaghetti Pie Part Deux- this was ok.  Not my favorite.  Maybe because I was sick?  I'll put it away for later and try again.  Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I got a little texture from the pumpkin that I wasn't expecting and it threw me off.  But seriously, one of my fave things about HG are the portions.  I put this in a round pie pan and the serving size is 1/4 the whole thing!





El Ginormo Southwest Oven Baked Omelette
 El Ginormo Southwest Oven-Baked Omelette-  this wasn't one of my favorite but looking back I think I did a few things wrong.  I used egg whites only and next time I'll make sure to use the Egg Beaters- apparently I'm special and didn't realize there was a difference.  Also, I think the beans were a little too much for me. I did however top it with sour cream and salsa and it was tasty.  Again, huge huge huge portion size.



EZ Cheesy Lasagna For Two
EZ Cheesy Lasagna for two- This recipe called for eggplant which I wasn't a fan of the one time I tried it so I left it out.  Which then left a huge chunk of the recipe out.  But it still was delicious to me.  Definitely cheesy and lasagna-ish.  And something I'd make again for sure!





Chocolate-Chippy Cheese Danish
Chocolate-Chippy Cheese Danish- This is definitely something that I can get on board with!  Pastry and chocolate goodness?  Yes, please!  I actually cut my pieces a little bigger {also, I think I layered it wrong to begin with so make sure you pay attention to how to braid it- live and learn} and only got 7 portions out of this but still I think it's a great snack without too many guilty feelings!





Cinna-Nilla Apple Oatmeal Parfait
Cinna-Nilla Apple Oatmeal- this was delicious!  I made the oatmeal the night before and instead of layering it all pretty I just threw everything in a bowl the next morning.  Nothing bad to say about this!



Takes The Cake Ziti Bake

Takes-The-Cake Ziti Bake-  This was great!  I was obviously on an Italian kick that week but this was definitely a winner.  1/4 portion of the whole thing- went a long way!



More reviews to come....

3 comments:

Anna said...

which book of hers are you getting these recipes out of? I think I need to start cooking out of it again!

The Millers said...

You are making me hungry!! I want to make that shake right NOW! Love that I stumbled upon your blog. It's great. xo

the nichols' family said...

loving your reviews! i'm definitely planning on trying the sloppy joe stir fry :)