Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Can a girl get some help around here?

Ok so if you've been paying attention you might have noticed that I am really trying to do better about eating.  For reals. Except for cutting out Coke.  I'm sorry, I'm not there yet.


My biggest weakness is ice cream.  I love it so.  And the other day when I wasn't feeling good and having to wait at the drugstore for my prescriptions I grabbed a pint of Blue Bell to make me feel better.  I didn't realize how long  I would have to wait so at some point I exercised some will power and went and put it back and did NOT go get another one when I was ready to go. 

But there's a place here locally called Brusters and they are amazing.  They make their ice cream from scratch every day so not everything is available all the time.  My favorite is something called graham central station- it's chocolate {I think} with pieces of graham cracker goodness and chocolate pieces and I'm sure other stuff that I just never think about when I devouring it.  Since it's not available all the time once a while back when I was there they offered to put me on their email list and let me know when they make it.  This was like months ago.  Then I got this as I was walking out of the above mentioned drug store, seriously:

From: Brusters <brusters@flavoroverflavor.com>
Date: 13 Mar 2012
Subject: Graham Central Station was made - 3 PINTS FOR $11.00

Favorite Flavor
The Bruster's in Arlington made Graham Central Station today
 

Don't see your flavor on our menu board? Tell the scooper you got a Favorite Flavor email!

  DISCLAIMER: Certain flavors are more popular than others. This notification does not guarantee your flavor will be available when you visit the store.



Um, rude much?  Don't they know that I would love to buy 3 pints and stash them in the back of my freezer but my brain knows that it's there and come 10pm every night I'd find myself unknowingly sneaking to the freezer to get some hungry or not? Meh!


I didn't break down and go get some and I may just have to reward myself for that with a snow cone from my favorite little place that's open for spring break this week....



JUST KIDDING!!

4 comments:

Piter and Heidi said...

Awesome will power win...it gets easier everytime you say no...I however don't say no too often...so props to you!!!

Alyssa said...

Cutting out soda is a huge thing! My new years resolution was to cut it out completely and I will admit, I've cheated a time or two (or four of five! :)). Every little change you make makes a huge difference though! Good for you! :)

mountain mama said...

i love dr. pepper.

i wonder what dr. pepper flavored ice cream would taste like? :)

Stef said...

I'm a Diet Coke girl. But I'm not addicted. I just buy myself one every day...because i choose to. No, that isn't the definition of addiction...well, okay, so maybe it is but whatever.
Now, about that ice cream...yummy!