Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 14, 2011

Why, hello again!


Ok ok so I apologize because I took the summer off and then that became kind of a semi-permanent thing!  I didn’t mean to I promise.  Blogging was and is a great way for me to get out what I have on my mind so I promise to be better at it.  And since FB is such a dud these days I better get it all out on here, right?  Since this is my first post back there’s so much to say!  Where to start?

These past few months we have done lots of fun stuff.  Went to Six Flags...

She won this ball!
... week long Boy Scout camp (that was nothing short of a disaster- over a third of the kids got sent home early because they all shared a bug including J1, there was a fire close to their camp grounds so one night was spent huddled in the mess hall for safety, and I'm pretty sure he didn't get half the badges he was supposed to because of all of that).

Our group before- half of them got sent home sick!

...Target, Hawaiian Falls, Target, slept in, and guess what?  Went to Target J  I also was able to sneak in a trip to California and saw my first surrobabe (the shy guy on the right- how precious is he!?)...


 ... and went to Vegas for the first time. 

My poolside view- it was as fabulous as it looks.
Then the kids went back to school and Jensen and I took the biggest trip of them all- we went to Paris!  That deserves its own post so be on the lookout for that but here's a few amazing pics.
Inside the Notre Dame Cathedral.

Delicious food!

Arc de Triomphe at night!

Truly it was a great summer and last several months.  I am happy that we had the time to be able to just lay low, hang out with each other, and be with friends and family.  I fear that as the kids get older that more and more of their time will be spent away from the house, away from me, away from us a family and I am so thankful we had this time just to ourselves.  Does that make sense?  I’ve been told I’m obsessed with my kids but I don’t think that’s a bad thing!  I mean I know they can’t live with me forever, but surely until they’re at least 35 right? ;)

And now I'm back on the blogging train... I promise!  Also, a special shout out to my dad today because it's his birthday!  Even if we are still emotionally scared from when you scared the crap out of us the other day (dude- at 8:30 at night he banged on my back door and scared us all half to death.... he will get his don't worry!) we still love you and are glad you are in our lives!




No comments: